"Addressing low self esteem and exclusion
in disadvantaged adults - Alseeda"
Grundtvig Learning Partnership - Lifelong Learning Programme.
Funding period: August 2009 - July 2011
Scottish Wider Access Programme SWAPWest - Scotland, UK
POE EDUCO, spol. s r. o. - Czech Republic
C.T.P. Don Palena c/o I.C. F. Negri - Italy
Kadis d.o.o. - Slovenia
National partners: Technical School "VASILE SAV"- Roman city
Theoretical High School "Vasile Alecsandri"-Iasi city
- Stimulating adults in lifelong learning, both for personal development and to
be a model for their children;
- Empowering parents about their children's education.
1. Ostrava, Czech Republic - September 2009
2. Rome, Italy - may 2010
3. Ljubljana, Slovenia - September 2010
Finalized products in the first year of the project by the partner NGO Formare Studia:
The book "Family and school in partnership for a quality education" - guidelines for parents.
The guide is addressed to all parents who are interested in personal development and improving relationships with their children.
organized by NGO Formare Studia in Alseeda project
as a training package for parents.
The Club has been operating in Iasi and Roman cities
National Coordinator - Ruginosu Teodora
- 20 parents parents of children enrolled in VII-XII forms have been selected to participate in activities.
- 37 parents of children enrolled in IX-X forms have been selected to participate in activities.
- Role play, case study
- Watching some filmed sequences
Results of the activities made so far in both workshops (Iasi and Roman):
- The relations within the family have improved ;
- The relationships between parents and teachers and among students and
teachers have improved;
- Parents are more involved in school life;
- The association members have developed materials for working with
parents (questionnaires, handouts, a guide for parents);
- In addition to scheduled parents activities were held also activities with
parents and children;
- The student's motivation for learning had increased.