Themes of discussion:
- Lectures from trainers, individual and group presentations, group discussions, study visits to the AL. I. CUZA University Iasi and brainstorming activities;
- Best practices on engaging as active citizenship in development education in various countries.
- Sharing experiences from various member states on development issues, development education programs, the concept of Quality in Development Education
- Creation of two advocacy campaigns to help fighting poverty, social exclusion and help development education to be launched and implemented in participants countries and used also over the internet through Formare Studia web portal.
- Creating a network of adult learners who can further work together for future projects as active citizens in Development Education, as an important step in building capacity for development .
- adults generally interested in development issues and poverty eradication who want to be more involved as active citizens;
- adult learners who have some concerns about their country's and community's future and want to improve their understanding of the issues of development and development education programs;
Expected number of participants: 12
Language: English. The participants are expected to be able to work in English
Please note that prior to the arrival, each participant will have to send a presentation, small project in preparation of the seminar, in the working language of the workshop.
Workshop Expenses: There is no participation fee. Accommodation and food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are provided by the organisers. Please note that the from your departure city to Iasi, will be reimbursed within the limit of 398 EUR based on the least expensive airfare. Please check with us before booking.
Note: The travel expenses will be reimbursed only if the participant provides all the invoices and original boarding passes.
Application deadline: 20 December 2010. Please send the application form duly completed and signed by email at email@example.com
The applicants that are selected will have to send the application form in original by post at the address: NGO Formare Studia, 8A Martha Street, Iasi, 700374, Romania.
Early application in encouraged as the places are limited.
For any other information or details please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager: Smaranda Sandulescu
We look forward to meeting you!
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDE Implementing Development Education, Guidelines, tools and Best Practices released by Formare Studia.